Monday, Sept. 24, 2012


Nothing like starting your day off with a bang….

For the past few days, I’ve been wondering what that heck is wrong with Sadie, my female dog.  Today, I unraveled the problem and realized it required a visit to the vet’s.  Only problem is, I didn’t know of any, much less a good vet where I now live.

Hmmm….

But that problem was solved in the process of my searching for a new place to do Pilates workouts.  While on the phone with one of the studios, I got chatting with the gal who works the front desk.  Like most of the people I’ve met up here, she was quite nice, willing to help and friendly.  When she learned that I was in need of a vet, she said she knew of an awesome one and if I’d hold, she’d run out to her car and get me their number. 

Okay, one doesn’t get that kind of helpfulness where I used to live….

Anyhow, I told her I’d be happy to hold, did and got the name and number and a brief history of the husband/wife vet team that now owns the hospital.  Having been a veterinarian technician years back and picky about who treats my animals, I was encouraged by all the great things the Pilates receptionist shared about these vets.  When I hung up, I not only felt I’d found a new Pilates studio but then called the vet and made the first available appointment to have Sadie seen.

Tune in tomorrow to see what happened when I went to the vet with Sadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment