Sunday, Sept. 16, 2012


Today’s been an awesome day!  Got to show my youngest son, the high-schooler who I picked up late last night from his cross-country meet, around my new neighborhood.   He was impressed with my immediate neighborhood and the surrounding beach communities that I took him to.  But what most impressed him, and I was pleased it did, was how down-to-earth and real my neighbors are. 

On the one side of me live three military personnel who are renting the house.  I warned my son that they all, the woman especially, get a little…animated and verbally excited while watching football, foul language spewing from their lips like the air we breathe, a plentiful supply that never quite diminishes.

LOL.

When the football game began today, so too did the animated verbal commentary from my neighbors.  Sitting downstairs reading, I smiled and chuckled quietly to myself, enjoying how passionate my neighbors are about sports.  My son came in a few minutes later, also smiling.  He shared how he enjoyed how real my neighbors are and how they didn’t feel constrained to contain their true emotions, enthusiasm or displeasure with the game they were watching.  He then said he thought they’d be really fun people and hopes he gets the chance to met them.  That made me smile even more….

I like how my son, as do I, is able to appreciate others and willing to let them just be themselves, not hold them to some stringent standards that society deems is appropriate or not.  It was nice to see the maturity in my son shine through today!    

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like the two of you had an amazing time together. Glad things are working out so well and you're away from your ex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tracy,

    Oh, how we did!!! (big beaming smile) And thanks for the good wishes.... : -)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Eli O,

    I thought so.... (smiles)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice you got to enjoy your son without that ex-husband of yours in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anonymous,

    My son and I did have a lovely time. : -)

    ReplyDelete