Friday, January 11, 2013


While repositioning my watering hose the other morning, I had to smile. Why? Because a woman, walking her dog, paused behind my yard. Then she clucked her tongue and commented, “Mmm, mmm, mmm, my aren’t you little fellas a pretty bunch and oh, so active.”  She was referring to the virtual wild songbird sanctuary that came with my house.

Where I live at the beach shore, there are a few songbirds here and there. But…for some reason, I have a legion of at least one hundred most times in my backyard. I love, love, love having this many songbirds call my backyard their home! There’s nothing better than waking to the sound of their serenading and also making my way through my day, the birds’ constant chirping a warm addition to my tropical backyard.

Some might not be as pleased to have this abundance of birds call their small backyard home. But me, I’ve always been a bird lover.  So, for as long as this is my home, I’ll continue to welcome my feathered friends and smile at how others stop to appreciate them in my fluttering around my yard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment