Thursday, January 10, 2013


There are some moments in life worth taking the time to appreciate. Case in point, a few nights ago, I went to drop something in my outdoor trash after watching a movie on TV. It was 12:30 AM and chilly out, so I had my house windows closed. As soon as I opened my front door, the ocean’s waves sounded as if they were crashing against my door. 

Awesome!

I grabbed a jacket and meandered to the sand and then on down to the water. Though unnoticed by the masses, I soaked up every bit of the show Mother Nature put on. A gentle breeze kissed my skin and wove its way through my hair while churning white foam rushed to the shore after waves curled over. Sparkling moonlight danced on the water’s surface as millions of twinkling stars shone down from above, appearing as if all the world’s tiny white Christmas lights had been tossed up in the sky where they’d remain until next Christmas. I scarcely blinked, not wanting to miss a second of the beauty that played out before me.

Like I said, there are some moments in life worth taking the time to appreciate. I’m glad I didn’t miss this one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment