May 4, 2011

Some of you may wonder why, with all the recent world event surrounding us, I don’t blog about any of what gets cued up on the news. It’s not that I’m unaware of the devastating earthquakes that took place in Japan, their aftermath and the potential tsunami, or that I’m clueless about the recent tornadoes that blazed a path of destruction in the southeast or of the whole Bin Laden event.
So why don’t I blog about those? The answer is really quite simple. It’s my opinion that we are so inundated with every form of media saturated with those topics that folks might want…no…that they might need a break from all of that.
When I first began this blog, I was conscientious to build a site that would be positive based. In addition, I hoped to create a cyber locale where folks could come for a cleansing breath of air. Someplace where they might, if only for a minute or two, escape the harsh realities of the world while reading my blogs that didn’t focus on world events.
So, in a nutshell, I opt to blog about silly things that happen to me, thoughts that swirl around in my head and the profound manner in which I choose to view the world. Why? Because like the rest of you, even I need an occasional break from the devastation the media often elects to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment