Sunday, May 29, 2011


There’s nothing that quite compares with making another happy.  Doing little things that make them smile.  Picking up on subtle comments they make.  Materializing the simplest things that put the biggest smiles on their face, when they realize that you’re really in tuned with them.  What they need.  What makes them tick. 
I consider myself doubly blessed to have an extremely close-knit immediate family.  In addition, I have an amazing host of friends whose relationships make my life complete in ways I can’t even begin to describe and in so many avenues as to make my head hurt when I think about it. 
Talking with one of those friends the other day, I mentioned how I let my soul drive my heart to lead me in the directions I need to go.  This especially holds true with the relationships I’m blessed to have.  There’s nothing more rewarding than to hear back from one of those individuals how I round out their lives as well.  How the little things I do are appreciated though they may not always be readily acknowledged.  Though I don’t do the things I do for recognition, it is gratifying to learn that my efforts put smiles on the faces of those I intend and touch the lives of many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment