Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2012


Today, I’ll pick up where I left off yesterday’s blog about my beloved coffee maker, why I like it and why it should never have been placed in the discard pile at my old house.

It’s a charming little device.  Caught somewhere between an asthmatic dragon, gasping out its last raspy breaths and a Jules Vern concoction, sputtering and spewing a swirling cloud of steam, my coffee maker sounds like the next drop of coffee it creates might well be its last.  But it’s not. 

Here’s the irony.  Since moving to my current home, complete with a water softener, purifier and decelerator, my coffee maker is “healing.”  Drip by drip, brewed pot after tasty brewed pot, the hard water deposits that had fused themselves to my beloved coffee maker and couldn’t be removed with specific cleaners, those are being washed away. 

My maker now brews faster…not much, but fast enough.  Does it still sound like it’s caught between an asthmatic dragon, gasping out its last raspy breaths and some form of Jules Vern concoction, sputtering and spewing a swirling cloud of steam?  Absolutely!  And though it still sounds like the next drop of coffee it creates will be its last, I’m confident that my coffee maker won’t let me down.  That for as long as I like, it will continue to start off my mornings right, causing me to smile and warming me with a delicious brew that cannot be compared.

Let’s hear it for the mentality that if it’s not broke, then why replace it!  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was rather broken, given the water in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tracy,

    Yet, it still made an incredible mug of coffee. Still does. : -)

    ReplyDelete