Monday, June 18, 2012


Carrying on…it’s the only way I know how to be.  I’ve never been one to quit—no matter how tough things got.  Guess it’s just not part of my nature.  Perhaps I’m too competitive…. Know that I am when it comes to bettering myself.  So, I suppose that when life throws challenges my way, I don’t view them as obstacles capable of crippling me.  Well…I am aware that some could.  But I don’t give into that mentality.  Instead, I maintain that challenges are meant to be overcome.

I’ve always been intrigued with phoenixes.  Dragons too.  A number of years back, a Chinese girlfriend explained how the phoenix is viewed as the female version of the dragon. 

Hmmm….

That made me smile.  To think of the wonderful winged phoenix as kin to the mighty dragon.  For as long as I can recall, I’ve been inspired by stories of how a phoenix, though battered and struggling, would dig deep within itself to rise above the very ashes that threatened to bury it. 

Throughout my live, I’ve taken great solace in that visual when I’ve fought to overcome things placed in my path.  Events meant to test me.  Yes, some could’ve broken me.  A few did….  But the fighter in me wouldn’t allow myself to wallow too long in the trenches.  Instead, my mind would conjure that image of the spectacular phoenix rising out of the ashes, wings flapping in a blaze of glory, and I’d find the courage and strength needed to pick myself up, dust myself off and carry on, moving forward with a positive attitude.  This is the only way I know how to be….

No comments:

Post a Comment