Thursday, June 14, 2012


In my ongoing quest to amuse, entertain and enlighten readers with sayings I find on fortune cookie slips, here’s one that made both my youngest son and I not only laugh but scratch our heads in puzzlement.  So what did it say?  A carrot a day may keep the doctor away.

Hmmm….

My son got the most puzzled look on his face when he read this fortune.  Noticing his look, I asked what it said.  Rather than read it to me, he passed it to me.  Reading it myself, I, too, looked puzzled.  Both of us questioned aloud, what the heck…?

Now as I’ve experienced them, fortune cookie saying fall into one of several categories: philosophical, predicting the future or downright don’t-know-what-the-heck-they-were-thinking.  Not sure in which category this fortune would fall.  Can’t say I’ve ever gotten the an-apple-a-day-bit-of advice from a fortune cookie before.  Does this mean the fortune implies what will happen? 

Hmmm….

Perhaps this fortune is a hybrid that falls in none of the above-mentioned categories.  Instead it could be a mixture of two: predicting the future and also the don’t-know-what-the-heck-they-were-thinking ones.

LOL.

Course, one thing’s for sure.  I’m definitely over thinking the saying on this fortune.  Time to let it go….

No comments:

Post a Comment