Friday, Aug. 24, 2012


There’s something extra cool about “worker bees” that go about their tasks with a smile and positive attitude rather than begrudging that there’s work to be done.  Interacting with them makes any task more enjoyable.  In addition, time seems to speed by rather than drudge along at a snail’s pace. 

In my ongoing effort to de-clutter, yes, I’m aware that I’ve been doing and blogging a lot about that lately, I found myself, along with my twenty-five-year-old son and another young man, in our storage units, where, despite the heat, and the fact the units have no AC, the three of us spent three and a half hours sorting through, moving, relocating and climbing over, on top of and around a wide range of items.  Most of the items were heavy and covered in dust that clung to our sweat-covered bodies like a second skin, clogging our pours, thus inhibiting our ability to properly cool ourselves.

But throughout the experience, all three of us maintained positive attitudes, smiled, were pleasant with one another and kept a stream of jokes rolling to keep things light.  By the time we finished, my son and I commented to one another how the task, though physically draining, hadn’t been too bad.  How everyone’s pleasant, willing-to-dig-in-and-get-the-job-done-with-a-smile attitude had made for an easier time of the work.   

2 comments:

  1. That's great to hear! Dang! You've been at it a long time! That must be a lot of cleaning up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tracy,

    Yes, I've been at it a while. Am coming close to being done, though.

    ReplyDelete