Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012


While in the house earlier today, my oldest son came running in and told me I needed to come outside with his friend and him.  He was so overflowing with enthusiasm that I began following him before asking what was outside.  He responded there was a magnificent double rainbow that was huge.

Stepping out the front door and looking in the direction I saw my son’s friend gazing, I was greeted by what you see in this photo.  I haven’t enhanced the colors.  What you see is what Mother Nature gifted those of us fortunate enough to witness.

Last time my son and I saw double rainbows this large and brilliant was at Lake Mead when he had just graduated middle school—eleven years ago!  Here’s hoping we don’t have to wait that long to see the next ones….


2 comments:

  1. That's nothing short of fantastic! I can't believe you captured that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tracy,

    I couldn't get over how it looked like something straight out of a movie.... So stunning! : -)

    ReplyDelete