Friday, July 9, 2010

We got it! We got it! As you can see, my youngest son and I were able to talk a lifeguard into posing for our photo.

This morning, we checked the tide charts and headed towards the tide pools about half an hour prior to low tide. Hope burned strong in us that they’d be open. But from about an eight of a mile away, we spotted it, the dreaded tide pools closed sign.

Although we were disappointed that we weren’t going to be able to get into them, we switched gears and focused our attention to our second objective—getting a photo of me strangling one of the lifeguards responsible for putting up the sign and keeping us from our goal.

Today’s lifeguard, guarding the tide pool entrance, had an easy-going personality. We approached him and explained what we wanted. To our delight, he was more than eager to help out, even going so far as to lean forward so that I could get a better grip on his neck!

I wish we’d had a second camera to capture to looks of folks as they gasped in horror at my choking a lifeguard…in broad daylight…right in front of them. I had a hard time focusing on choking the guard while wearing a scowl and not breaking into laughter at the shocked looks on the faces of our “audience.”

A larger crowd gathered and looked on while we snapped several photos. When we were done and the guard, my son and I laughed, the spectators realized it had all been a ruse and went about their business. My son and I thanked Dan, the lifeguard, for his cooperation. He inquired about me and why I wanted the photo. I told him I was a writer, had a daily blog and that I’d promised my readers that I’d get the photo if the tide pools were closed again today.

And so…even though my son and I didn’t get into the tide pools, we did get an awesome photo that freaked a bunch of folks out in the process. LOL!

BTW, if you check in my photo albums, you’ll see that, as promised, I’ve had my Webmaster upload the rest of the photos I took on this weeklong trip to Laguna. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I liked taking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment