Saturday, July 3, 2010

My husband, youngest son and I came down to Laguna today to spend the week of the 4th here. My oldest daughter will join us tomorrow with her boyfriend, his folks and one of her girlfriends. And throughout the week, we’ll have folks coming and going. Love times like these!

Once we got settled into the beach house, we couldn’t wait to go and explore the tide pools. But we had to hurry so the lifeguards wouldn’t close them before we got there. Since my husband didn’t bring his sandals along with him, he stayed behind, while my son and I braved timing the waves to gain access to the tide pool area without getting soaked. We succeeded, and our reward was to rush from one spot to another as we spied giant sea anemones, battling crabs, tiny fish, etc. while avoiding getting drenched by the high-tide waves crashing on the tide pools around us.

Our luck, however, finally gave out and just as we avoided getting doused by the spray of one wave, we turned, only to be soaked by that of another, from our heads to our feet. Giggling and laughing, and stunned that a wave had finally gotten us, I captured this self-shot photo of my youngest son and me.

So far, the trip is going great—where the unexpected becomes a fond memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment