Thursday, July 15, 2010

Yesterday, I made an outcry four your help with writing reader reviews of my books. After several comments made today, I realized that perhaps more clarification as to why your reader reviews are so crucial to my career was necessary.

Those who aren't in the writing industry are usually unaware of how significant reader reviews are to a writer's career. That's why I'm taking this extra time to explain a review’s significance.

You may think that your one little comment won't make a difference, but oh, it will, more than you could imagine! Seeing as I'm a new published writer, I haven't earned official reviews yet. That's where all of you come in. The more reader reviews I get (from all of you), the more likely I am to catch the eye of the right folks who can give me those official reviews, thus skyrocketing my career and the speed with which I can get books released. You might be wondering how to write a review especially if you’re shy.

That's the beauty about a reader's review. It needn't be long or eloquent or flow like a perfectly written piece. It can be as brief as a sentence or two—something as simple as, "I really liked this book and recommend it to others." Or you could write about how you liked a specific character. Or you could mention how the book affected you emotionally. Did it make you laugh? Cry? Harbor ill will towards one of the characters? Actually, readers and officials who check those reviews look to see if they're written by real, ordinary, run-of-the-mill sounding folks. And many people are more willing to read a book based on a favorable reader review than because of some professional write-up about it.

So if you like what I write, then please, please, please make it possible for me to continue putting my work out there by writing a readers review or two for my book(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment