Tuesday, November 23, 2010

During my Pilates class yesterday, my instructor said something that impacted me. She mentioned that we should have an attitude of gratitude for what we have. She went on the say that we should be happy for the ability to get up each day, whether or not we’ve achieved our goals. How we should be grateful for the opportunity to come to class and have friends there who will support our efforts, or at the very least, suffer along with us.

I joined others who chuckled at her last comment. But then I saw the deeper meaning behind it. I recognized that she was also telling us it’s okay for us to be grateful for the suffering we endure. And appreciate those who are willing to walk alongside us.

Most have goals they’ve set for themselves, some of which have been realized. Others have yet to come to fruition. But the fact that some are still outstanding shouldn’t weigh heavy on us if we maintain a positive attitude and surround ourselves with those who are willing to support us. To those who are willing to jump in the trenches alongside us as we sludge our way towards our goals, we need to express our gratitude.

An attitude of gratitude…. Has a nice ring to it. But better yet, the profound wisdom behind it can be life altering. I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment