Friday, Nov. 23, 2012


I hope everyone had a relaxing and fulfilling holiday yesterday.  Even if you don’t celebrate thanksgiving per say, it’s always nice to have a relaxing day. 

My day was filled with preparing to have all my kids and granddaughter come up to stay with me tomorrow through the weekend to celebrate.  It’s gonna be fun to have them all together.  Been a while….
After prepping, I took my dogs and headed out for a walk along the beach.  The weather was perfect.  Wearing shorts, a T-shirt and Ugg boots, I was comfortable.  Blue skies dotted with fluffy white clouds were my canopy while a brilliant blue ocean complete with foaming ocean spray, as waves rolled and crashed towards the shore, created a lovely melody and scenery by which to brighten my journey. 

When my dogs and I headed out, I only planned to go about five miles.  But the day was perfect so I just kept going and going.  Eleven miles later, I’d stopped for a bite at a charming BBQ place in a neighboring city’s harbor for a bite to eat while my dogs laid at my side, the restaurant being dog friendly and offering an outdoor dining area for us.  A lone guitarist played tunes on his instrument while singing along.  Quite charming—really.

Yesterday was a great day!  Full of plans for the upcoming weekend and also a relaxing walk with my pooches. 

I’ll be taking the next few days off from blogging to spend with my family.  Gonna be a houseful…and lots of fun memories in the making.  Check back in with me next week to see what my family weekend entailed.  

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very relaxing though very untraditional holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eli O,

    It was...on both counts. : -)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tracy,

    I appreciate the good wishes. Hope you and yours had a joyous celebration! : -)

    ReplyDelete