Monday, Nov. 26, 2012


Wow, I had an awesome holiday weekend with my kids and granddaughter!  For a couple of weeks prior to our gathering, I took mental notes on things each of my kids would like to have added to the holiday feast as well as activities they’d enjoy partaking in while here. 

The weekend had us hopping…and yet…we did a lot of relaxing and just hanging out with one another as well.  Managed to accomplish all but one of the items the kids had mentioned they’d like to do.  But my favorite part of the weekend had to be watching all of my children get along. 

Whenever my kids, three of whom are now grown, gather, they each tend to revert to being ten to fifteen years their junior.  Least, they do with me.  And this is one of their most endearing qualities.  Whether they’re laughing, goofy dancing, rough-housing, egging each other on, playfully competing, physically challenging, working together or whatever, one thing’s for certain, whenever the Hanna kids gather, there’s an abundance of laughing, smiling and good memories in the making.

It was heartwarming to watch them interact with one another and me.  And the manner in which all my kids attend to my granddaughter…I couldn’t be prouder of how loving, attentive, patient and encouraging they are with her.

Nothing quite compares to the bonds we form with our children.  And nothing should, for they, our children, are our heart and soul.  They brighten our day just by knowing they exist.  And the privilege of watching them grow into amazing individual adults…that’s icing on the cake!    

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Where do the kids stay when they aren't visiting you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tracy,

    I did, one for the memory books! Three of my kids are grown. One lives in Arizona while the other three live about 110 miles away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice it was so nice of a day for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anonymous,

    Not just a day.... I got a whole wonderful holiday weekend to indulge in the wonder of my kids and granddaughter! Doesn't get much better.... : -)

    ReplyDelete