Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012

The irony of this quote by Thomas Kinkade struck me today.  “I like to think of hope as a guiding light for the human heart.  It is the quality that will help you find your way through dark and stormy nights, through foggy and confusing days.”  Normally, the deeper, in-between-the-lines part of a quote speaks to me.  Today, the more literal version applied.  Why?  Well, having just moved, today was the first time I needed to use my house heater, a cold front and blustery winds having affronted my area.  And what to my wondering eyes should appear when I tried to start said house heater?  Nothing…well…not really. 

Though the pilot is lit, it’s not properly igniting the furnace plate (think that what it’s called).  The result?  Two piddly little flames, spaced far apart that aren’t warming the house.  The side effects of that?  If I do have the heater on, then it blows cold air as if it’s refrigerated.  Not so wonderful when one is attempting to stay warm.  LOL.

So, throwing log after log in the fireplace to help warm my house, I pretending I’m camping…indoors.  LOL.  Seems a strange mentality, but it beats the alternative of getting upset due to a nonworking heater.

Oh, and did I mention that this is a holiday weekend?  As such, I won’t be able to get a call in to have repairs until Tuesday.  But that’s not too bad….  The weather forecast does indicate that temps are due to rise, though slowly, over the next few days.

In the meantime…it’s continued camping mode and remembering how, “I like to think of hope as a guiding light for the human heart.  It is the quality that will help you find your way through dark and stormy nights, through foggy and confusing days.”  So what’s my hope?  Simple.  That come Tuesday, I’ll be able to get a repairman out here sooner rather than later to fix my ailing heater.  LOL.    

2 comments:

  1. Stay bundled up! (But you're in California, so that probably won't be necessary.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tracy,

    Thanks, and I am. The temperature's gotten down to a chilly 41 degrees the last few nights. And that was prior to wind chill and the dampness from the ocean. Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete