Monday, September 20, 2010

For those wondering whatever became of my trying to integrate mono-vision contact lenses into my life, I thought I’d give you an update.

When I last wrote about them, I had been wearing them for about five days. During that time, I increased the time worn per day, according to how well my brain was able to merge into one clear vision the differing images each eye was sending it.

Sometimes everything would be blurry, then my distance vision would snap into focus only to be replaced not long after by a kind of fuzziness, not quite blur. Then my close up vision would turn onto high gear, allowing me to see more clearly than I have in a long time. But that, too, would soon be replaced with that odd fuzziness. Let me tell, you, there were quite a few times I thought of removing the contacts right then and there and tossing them. Actually, a while back, I had a friend who did just that…while driving!

Anyhow, the day after I last blogged about my contacts, everything just clicked into clear focus. I’m pleased to report that my near and distance vision have remained as such. When I went to be checked by my doctor the next morning, he was thrilled with the results, and more of my contacts have been placed on order. In addition, he delivered the news that I now have 20/20 vision in both eyes, with my contacts, of course. Haven’t seen the world with 20/20 vision in years! Glasses just never quite got me there, so I’m ecstatic with these results.

Just wanted to finish up the coverage of my experience with mono-vision contacts, so folks wouldn’t be left wondering if I threw them out the car window while driving one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment