Thursday, September 2, 2010

I’m a firm believer in finding your own personal fountain of youth. Whatever that might be, you owe it to yourself to identify and then actively pursue it. I’ve written before on this, well sort of. But I feel so strongly about it, that I felt it worth addressing again.

In order to make the most of life, get the most out of it and feel like you’ve accomplished something at the end of each day, one must, must, must find the thing that most feeds their soul. That which is essential to their being. Their happiness. Their sense of self-fulfillment. Only then will they be able to self-actualize and in the process, become the most productive they can be.

What I mean by being the most productive is that only then will they have within them the ability to serve themselves. Others. And only then will they be able to better themselves to make that process more fluid.

So why do I bring this up, because I am confronted with individuals on a regular basis who are merely getting through life, not experiencing it to its fullest. By doing, so they are missing the whole point.

Look at it this way. We’re here only once. So don’t we owe it to ourselves to endeavor to do it right while we’re here? I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’d hate to be at my last day alive and think, I really wish I’d tried harder with this. Or that I’d strived for that. Or that I wish I’d treated myself to something else while I had the time.

In the end, we’re here for but a short time. Why not make the most of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment