Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Recently, a lot of “stuff” has been swirling around me. Much of that has elicited change. Some of it has involved finding closure to old wounds while opening the door to new beginnings that will hopefully herald in novel chapters of enthusiasm, enlightenment and connectedness. Still more has challenged me to recognize that I’m in a position where if I want to further grow, I’ll need to display a willing spirit to allow others to push me beyond my comfort zones to evoke that growth. Other parts have instilled in me a heightened determination that in order to help the others involved, I’ll need to remain steadfast in my conviction.
I’m not viewing any of these as deterrents or as hindrances, but rather, I’m accepting them as what they are, messages, signals and gifts. Right now, I’m being given the rare opportunity to expand my horizons through gained knowledge. My recent challenges are the bearers of new wisdom. If I allow them, they will transcend what I’ve known to be true while allowing me the chance to grow to new heights I hadn’t thought possible, and, if I’m completely honest, heights that until now, I wasn’t prepared to reach.
But this process has not been an easy one, coming with a cost of my being exhausted. Personal growth often has that affect on a person. It’s had me constantly addressing my need to integrate unconscious motive with conscious intent if I want to further self-actualize on my life’s journey. So, I’ve been taking a hard look at he depths of myself, these relationships, their foundations and am tapping into the wellspring of inner energy I possess while remaining intent on creating a new sense of solidarity in the aforementioned relationships and also in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment