Saturday, August 14, 2011


There are some days that go as planned.  Others take us on a journey of twists and turns as they deliver us to our destination.  I prefer the latter.

A friend of mine and I were talking about how nice it is to be flexible.  To avoid getting upset when things don’t go exactly as planned.  In fact, we find life is more interesting when we go with its many twists and turns rather than attempting to stick to some stringent plan.

This isn’t to say that plans aren’t good or that they don’t serve their purpose.  They are, do, and I make them all the time.  But I’m flexible enough to realize that many times what I’ve planned isn’t the way things are meant to go.  Doesn’t matter how much kicking and kvetching I do.  Won’t ultimately change the situation.  The only purpose protesting serves is to further frustrate me and upset those who have to be exposed to me during that time.

So, I stick with going with the flow and letting the journey take me wherever I’m meant to be.  Find things work out better that way, folks around me are less stressed and I’m happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment