Saturday, August 27, 2011


I spoke with a friend earlier about how those who are close to one another see things about the other, which the rest of the world is blind to.  It’s like those who know one another best have the ability to see through the filters that shield the whole person on the other side.  This can prove unnerving, but it can also be comforting to know that there’s someone else out there who sees us to our core.  Not the center we reveal to the rest of the world.  Not even the one we’d like to believe is there.  But the one they see is who we really are, messy parts and all. 

I treasure my friends who can do this and with whom I’m able to see to their cores.  There’s something magical about being able to look a person in their eyes, never saying a word, and see all that’s hidden within them.  To lock a glance, and in that moment, input all that they are and reveal to them that you see them, understand them and accept them no matter if it’s uncomfortable or not. 

These are the friends with whom I have my deepest most meaningful relationships.  They’re the ones I get into the most heated discussions with, secure that they’ll still accept me at the end.  They’re the ones with whom I can bare my soul, telling things exactly as I feel them, not concerned with how jumbled those emotions may come out, for these are the friends who will sit there and digest my every word.  They’re the ones who know just how difficult it can be to express one’s innermost self and wouldn’t dream of standing in judgment of such. 

These are my friends who see through my filters.  I wouldn’t be half the person I am if it weren’t for their uncanny ability, for they help keep me humble and running on a true course.  When I flounder and must maintain an in control image for the rest of the world, these amazing friends cut through my filters to my core and call me on my BS.  In my opinion, these friends are amongst our greatest gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment