Sunday, January 22, 2012


In the past, many of you have expressed an interest in seeing the behind-the-scenes process to my writing.  So I thought I’d share a brief glimpse into that.

As a writer, I often wonder if I view the world through a different prism than others.  If the sights and sensations I see refracted around me create different images…perhaps deeper ones…ones that I read more into.  The following thought I had yesterday helps solidify that impression.

Stepping outside yesterday afternoon, the day was growing old, weather clouds had moved in and a somber mood hung in the air.  As I took in the feeling those sights invoked, this thought popped into my head:

The day wears on.  Shadows, like far-reaching arms, stretch across the land, wrapping all in their embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment