Friday, February 10, 2012


Had a reader inquire what I do each day—what my day-to-day schedule entails.  Well, here goes….  I attempt to juggle the responsibilities of having a teen with work, maintaining a household, exercising so I can remain mobile and also making time to spend with friends and family. 

At the end of every day, I create a to-do list of priority items that need to be done the following day.  Course, as any mom can attest, that list only includes a fraction of items that need to get done, not to mention the many spontaneous ones that pop up as a result of having kids. 

Being that I’m self-employed, I have an advantage that others do not when it comes to scheduling my to-do items.  Since I live in the hub of traffic central—southern California, trying to get from point A to B can be quite the challenge.  But, again I have an advantage, so I schedule my appointments to not coincide with rush hour times.  This manages to buy me hours of valuable time each day that I can then use to squeeze in working out.

Reading is something I’ve been passionate about since I was ten.  One can always find a book near me.  It’s not often that I’m granted the luxury of being able to sit for long hours and read at a single sitting.  But I do get at least 1200 pages read per month by gobbling up several pages at a time as I wait to pick up my son from school or practice and other fragmented opportunities that arise. 

I’m a firm believer that balance is paramount to maintain one’s state of mind and overall physical well-being.  As such, I attempt to juggle, work and fun at levels that help to compliment one another and infuse me with the added pick-me-up I need to keep going at the incredible pace I maintain.  Course, this doesn’t allow for a lot of what some might refer to as down time.  But then, my personal forms of down time, as discussed in recent blogs, aren’t of the sedentary fashion.  So though I’m constantly on the move, I manage to sustain a certain level of balance needed.

As with many things I do, I don’t imagine my day-to-day activities would appeal to the masses.  But…I’ve managed to work out a routine that serves my purposes, keeps me on track and maintains the balance of mind, body and soul I seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment