Monday, February 6, 2012


I had someone inquire what I do to relax. 

Hmmm….

Not sure most forms of my relaxing would relate well with others, for when I relax, I usually exert myself in one form or another.  Not always, but often enough….

What I find relaxing is to go for lengthy walks along the beach.  Climb over hills.  Explore mountains.  Splash in waterfalls I discover.  Hike mountain trails.  Run races.  Compete in mud runs and obstacle courses.  Navigate local neighborhoods by foot so I can soak up the most ambiance.  I enjoy waterskiing, sea doing, jet skiing, water tubing, swimming, riding the waves, backpacking, camping (all forms), horseback riding, rollerblading and ice skating.  Also, I adore playing hard and long with my dogs.

My less exertive manners of relaxing include: going to movies, comedy clubs, dancing, attending concerts, plays, musicals and gathering with my friends to just hang out.  I also love to people watch.  Whether that’s in everyday settings, as I go about my business, or plopping down to watch folks at the park or in crowded areas, I just can’t seem to get enough of scrutinizing others—how they handle themselves, talk and interact with others. Additional forms of my relaxing include expanding my mind by tons of reading (anything and everything), writing and being creative (in as many forms as possible).

Though I have a wide spectrum of things I enjoy doing to relax, one thing’s for sure, I’m usually involved in more than one thing at a time with my mind racing on all the available possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment