Monday, February 13, 2012


A friend recently made an interesting observation about me.  They commented that although there are things that surprise, frustrate and sometimes upset me, I never view things I see as strange.  I had to laugh when hearing this, for my friend is right.  Nothing I encounter ever strikes me as strange.  Thinking a bit more over my friend’s comment gave me pause.
I then wondered aloud, “What does that say about me?”

My friend didn’t hesitate when they smiled and commented that I had one of the most open minds they’d ever witnessed which allows me to be extremely accepting of others.
Hmmm….  I like that.

I try to maintain an open mind, believing that’s the best way to experience all the world has to offer.  My thought is that if I’m quick to pass judgment or write folks off just because they don’t conform to society’s norms, then I’ll miss learning valuable sensibilities from many worthwhile aspects of living and those with whom I come in contact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment