Saturday, May 9, 2010

I’ve written about it before, and I’m sure I’ll write of it after this blog. Laughter, it’s one of the best things we can treat ourselves to! Not only that, but it promotes a positive mindset and a healthier self.

I adore days when I’m surrounded by laughter! Had to head into the city today for a class. There I met up with a friend. The two of us had fun catching up with one another and laughing in the process. Towards the end of the class, the instructor wanted to give out a door prize and decided to have his girlfriend select a number between one and ten that audience members would try to guess. Each person named their number, and when the girlfriend was asked what number she’d selected and who was the closest, she replied, “My number was thirty-three.”

What?! Thirty-three? That’s nowhere near between one and ten.

Not a single person present, including the girlfriend, was able to stifle their laughter. She was asked to select another number. She did and immediately blurted out that it was three. Again, there was a round of laughter as the instructor tried to explain that she shouldn’t announce the number until after each audience member had a chance to pick one.

More laugher.

Third time’s the charm. Right?

The girlfriend managed to pick another number, not announce it and it was between one and ten. But…when the first audience member named their number, the girlfriend said, “Oh, shit!”

That did it. We knew the number had been picked.

After the class, my girlfriend and I ran a few errands and got a bite to eat. Lots more laughter ensued. Later, we gathered with a bunch of friends and had the most delightful evening getting caught up in their contagious laughter.

I can’t think of a better way to spend a day—getting lost in laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment