Friday, December 24, 2010

Every year I find myself pondering on Christmas Eve how it managed to come so quick. Seems every year the holidays are upon us like silent ninjas capable of sneaking up on us with little to no warning. Intellectually, I’m aware that this day comes the same time each year, but when reality hits and bam it’s here, I’m still caught off guard.

Just now, our house is full with all of our kids under one roof. That hasn’t happened since last Christmas, and I couldn’t be happier that they’re all here. Mixers are revving in the other room as cinnamon buns for Christmas morning breakfast are being prepared as well as a peppermint log for tomorrow’s dessert. There hasn’t been a moment when multiple conversations aren’t overlapping, and the positive energy and love flowing through our house warms my soul.

It’s my sincerest wish that those reading this, whether or not they celebrate the holiday, are surrounded by cherished ones and feel fulfilled as the year begins to wind itself down.

No comments:

Post a Comment