Friday, June 10, 2011


Our oldest son is here visiting from up north.  It’s been wonderful to see him and his younger brother so close.  That wasn’t always the case while they were growing up.  But now… 
Yesterday was our youngest son’s last day of school.  When I went to pick him up, his older brother was with me as a surprise.  The moment our youngest son spotted his brother, he literally squealed with delight and rushed to give him a tight hug, having super missed him.
Unfortunately, both our girls and granddaughter are out of state right now, so are missing the chance to visit.  But no worries, they’ll reconnect before too long.  In the meantime, it’s been great hanging out with both our boys.  Tonight, we got to go to a quick bite for dinner and then go to see X-men together as a family. 
I must admit, I felt a bit outnumbered, being surrounded by only the men in our family.  But that didn’t stop me from having a great time.  Usually I head to the movies with my girls to, you know, see chick flicks.  So going to see X-men wasn’t exactly my cup of tea.  But…being able to spend the entire night with the guys in my family was.  These are the times that make my soul smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment