Friday, June 17, 2011


I love it when folks come together.  When circumstances cause their paths to intertwine, making it near impossible for them to avoid one another.  Even if those individuals have had difficulties in the past, these opportunities provide a chance to amend, heal old hurts and move forward. 
Of course, I’m a realistic person.  As much as I’d like everyone to get along, sitting round campfires and signing Kumbaya songs, I’m keenly aware that individuals successfully interacting with one another can only be achieved if all parties are willing to work towards a common goal.  Overlook their personal agendas to realize a bigger aim.
Sometimes this is possible…other times…not.  Many factors play into whether or not individuals will be able to come together.  Timing, personal baggage, emotional state of mind and stubbornness are only some of the elements that factor into if a relationship will blossom or wither.  But, in my opinion, the biggest component that determines if a relationship stands a chance or not is the willingness by all parties to at least try to resurrect what once was when their paths cross.
Whether I’m standing on the sidelines, watching this play out with others or an active participant myself, I get a rush, thinking of all the possibilities.  How a chance or even planned encounter can alter the face of once failed relationship, breathing new life into it.  Perhaps it will flourish.  Maybe not.  Either way, as long as folks are willing to try, then nothing has been lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment