Thursday, June 24, 2011


There are times when we need a gentle, and sometimes, not so gentle push from friends and loved ones.  Whenever someone does this for me, I don’t get annoyed.  Rather, I count my blessing that I have a host of such amazing supportive friends and loved ones who care enough to give me a boost when needed. 
Sometimes, we’re too close to a situation to see a clear work around.  That’s where those who care about us come in handy.  They can usually maintain more objectivity in those situations, which allows them to not only see what needs to be done, but to also have a willingness to kick us in the rear if needed.
My friends did that for me today.  Beginning this morning, a number of them, aware that I’ve been going through a difficult situation, reached out and convinced me that joining them at a class tonight would not only do my heart good, but would also help to engage my mind.  Both, they knew, would ultimately make me feel better.  And you know what?  They were right.
At first, with me being distraught, I had been resistant to the idea, thinking it would only further complicate matters.  But my friends saw things as they really were.  So when I tried to resist and politely decline their offers, they didn’t push or get upset.  Instead, they gave me some space, but were sure to not leave me alone to draw within myself, as I’m prone to do when hurting.
I’m glad I followed the gentle promptings from my caring friends.  That I trusted in them enough to know that they had my best interest at heart.  That they would be there for me if needed.  For in the end, they knew what was best for me, and I feel transformed as a result of following their lead.     

No comments:

Post a Comment