Monday, March 21, 2011

Since last Thursday, I have been in Las Vegas, arriving home yesterday. While in Vegas, the hotel where I was staying was having massive trouble with their Internet service. And despite working with their technical maintenance workers every day and being given a direct cable that should have solved the trouble, nothing resolved my lack of connection. This is why I decided to just forego trying to get any blogs posted while gone. My intent was to get one up yesterday, seeing as I’d be back home. But…things didn’t exactly play out the way I’d hoped.

Arriving home, I unpacked, got caught up with a bunch of work for a few hours and then headed to a late lunch with my family. About halfway through eating my meal, my stomach began to feel unsettled, a sure sign that what I was eating wasn’t good. For as long as I can recall, food poisoning sets in with me about twenty minutes into eating tainted food.

So, I didn’t eat the rest of my meal and poured myself into bed, hoping to sleep it off for a couple of hours upon getting home. Waking up, I immediately began getting violently ill. That lovely process had me lying on the floor of the bathroom for the majority of the next twelve hours, not able to be further away from the toilet. My illness kept up throughout the entire night until 6:30 this morning, the first time I was able to successfully keep some fluid in me.

Throughout today, I’ve been exhausted and needing to rest after doing the simplest tasks. I wasn’t able to eat all day. By this evening, I did eat and have been able to keep in me, a tiny piece of plain chicken my daughter made for me. My body feels like it was in a losing battle with a Mac truck, but I’m so very grateful to not be getting ill non-stop any longer.

So, there you have it—the reason why a blog wasn’t forthcoming yesterday. I was so ill that I couldn’t even sit up to draft a quick note that one wouldn’t be coming. With any luck, I’ll be back to running at near my normal speed tomorrow, and I am beyond appreciative of everyone’s patience with the blog being down for a period.

No comments:

Post a Comment