Sunday, March 6, 2011

I went to see the musical Avenue Q with my husband this evening. As I laughed and chuckled my way through it, I found myself repeatedly looking over the expanse of the audience, marveling over how such a large gathering of adults, myself included, were being so entertained by a bunch of, for all intents and purposes, Muppets.

Going into the show, I didn’t know quite what to expect. Having spoken with several friends who had just seen and liked the show, I figured I would as well, but wasn’t certain that others would feel the same. Once the show got started however, I was pleasantly surprised to see how well the show was being received.

In this modern day of complex technological gadgets that capture our full attention a good portion of each day, I found it refreshing to witness how easily folks could still be amused by something as simple as Muppets. It was reassuring to see how simplicity hasn’t gone out of style.

No comments:

Post a Comment