Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Okay, this is for all of you who have suffered through my sharing the meaningful and sometimes profound sayings I find written on the slips of paper in my fortune cookies. Though my fortunes are most often ones I enjoy, I know that many have commented that the ones they get are complete flops. Well, today’s a grand day, for I have now joined the ranks of those who eagerly crack open their fortune cookies only to be disappointed by the gibberish written on the little slip of paper within.

So, what did my fortune have to say? Well, after reading it three times and then handing it to my son to decipher, I still have absolutely no idea. As such, both my son and I have come to the conclusion that it’s got to be the worst “fortune”—ever! But that’s only our humble opinion. I’ll share what it said and let you be the judges. Here’s what I got:

It’s nice to be remembered, but it’s far cheaper to be forgotten.

What?! That doesn’t even make sense, at least not to my son or me. So I’ll leave it in your capable hands to determine the meaning, it there is any, to this “fortune” and if not, does it qualify for the worst fortune ever award.

No comments:

Post a Comment