Saturday, July 16, 2011


Well…carmagedon is officially here in southern California.  The predicted mayhem of freeway congestion with hour-long delays hasn’t happened.  Navigating is almost easier than usually.  Myself, I couldn’t be more pleased.  This weekend, it wasn’t an option for me to hunker down at home and avoid the traffic mess should it have arisen, since I had numerous commitments, modeling and otherwise in the city.  Having to get to each locale required that I’d have to navigate the mess on the freeways caused by the closure of the 405 freeway. 
So…what did I do?  What any person who thinks ahead would.  I went into the city for work on Thursday and then went home with a friend after.  My plan was to relocate for the entire weekend to avoid having to drive in an out of the city.  I was so pleased with my solution, which would allow me to uphold my work commitments while circumventing what could have been a traffic nightmare.
As it turns out, the traffic hasn’t materialized.  I attribute this to pre-advertising the media did, warning people of the upcoming 405 freeway closure.  I believe this allowed many, myself included, to make alternative travel plans or to decide to hunker down and stay home for the weekend, thus eliminating a good amount of folks driving around.  For this, I’m grateful.  It goes to show that folks, when given half a chance, will rise to the occasion to help mitigate predicted major obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment