Monday, April 9, 2012


Every now and again, I pick up a gem of knowledge from a line I hear in a movie.  In keeping with the fortunes I get in cookies, some of the knowledge gained from movie lines can be rather profound and dead on accurate.  Such was the case with this one: hope is a more powerful tool than fear. 

Think about it….  Without hope, not much is possible, and the probability of a person managing to obtain their goals is unlikely—at best.  While fear cripples us, hope is what drives us.  Fear disallows our ability to see things clearly, while hope keeps our focus true.  Fear drops us to our knees while hope provides us the solid emotional and mental legs to get out of bed in the morning on days that seem beyond bleak.  Fear makes us want to curl into a tight ball, hoping the world will leave us alone, while hope instills in us an undeniable desire to push ourselves further than our believed capabilities.

Like rats clinging to any and every possible thing floating by when they find themselves tossed into the ocean from a sinking ship, I actively search for slivers of hope that will provide me the buoyancy I need to make my way clear of a challenging situation so I can find my back to solid ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment