Tuesday, April 17, 2012


Yesterday, I blogged about a squirrel in my yard that has taken a real liking to eating each and every orange off of one of my trees.  Quite a feat for such a little guy.  This got me to thinking….  Alongside that tree are a couple of apple trees, which have also had their fruit eagerly consumed.  Hmmm…wonder if this same squirrel is the one who eats all the apples?  Course, this got me to thinking more….

We all know the saying that eating an apple a day keeps the doctor away.  Well, does that apply to squirrels as well?  And if so, might not this particular squirrel be the biggest, baddest, healthiest squirrel ever to have taken up residence in my backyard?

I wonder how other squirrels react to him?  Do they bow down when he walks by, certain that since this particular squirrel can house an entire orange under his arm while hop/galloping across a wall and flying through the air with the greatest of ease he must be the most exalted squirrel?  Do other busy-tailed squirrels recognize his beyond healthiness from eating all those apples and being chock full of vitamin C and decide this is the one squirrel not to mess with?  Do others stay out of his way…or…do they bring him peace offerings of nuts etc?

Just some random thoughts bumping around inside my head….

No comments:

Post a Comment