Saturday, April 7, 2012


Spring is in the air.  Days are growing longer.  Temperatures are rising.  In short, this is one of my favorite times of year.  When I get to shed the dried up skin of winter and slither along, sporting my new self, having grown a bit and eager to embark on new horizons.  I know there are those who absolutely live for winter: cold, grey skies, snow and ice covering everything.  Not me.  I’m a sun-loving, warm temperature bring-on-the-long-lazy-days-of summer kind of gal.

Thankfully, I live in southern California where winter but briefly interrupts my lingering, sunny days.  I don’t think I could make it in frigid parts of the country, for becoming a human popsicle is not appealing—in the least.  So, I endure the colder months of the year, blessedly they are few, cringe when we set back the clocks, so the duration of sunlight becomes oh-so-brief, and dream about the time when I’ll be able to wake in the morning, sun streaming through the shades, complete a whole day of tasks, eat dinner and still have plenty of daylight to go for a long walk or run before the sun decides to retire for the evening.

Yup, about the only thing better than the dawning of spring, when new life abounds, is the onset of summer.  Now that’s an amazing time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment