Wednesday, May 23, 2012


An artistic friend sent me this quote earlier this morning.

"I hate good taste.  It's the worst thing that can happen to a creative person" ~ Helmut Newton.

I intent of the quote resonated on a deep level.

So often, folks are intimidated to the point of being bound by wanting to present a good front for the rest of the world.  They’re concerned about what others will think of them, how they’ll be received, if they’ll be accepted…or not.   As a creative person, I’m not immune to the same thoughts, yet remind myself to take chances and boldly walk outside the box in order to be true to myself and also set a good example for others. 

Individuals don’t appreciate some of the things I do, say or how I handle myself.  But then, no one can please everyone.  In fact, I don’t even aim to please the masses.  I just go about my business, remembering another quote that goes something like this: what others think of me is none of my concern.  By maintaining this thought, I’m free to act upon the artist who dwells within each and every fiber of my being, aware that I won’t please all but hopeful that I won’t irritate too many….

No comments:

Post a Comment