Wednesday, May 30, 2012


Live simply.  Love generously.  Care deeply.  Speak kindly.  Leave the rest to love!
Really, does it get any simpler than that?

I was at the orthodontist office early this morning when one of the office clerks, having a moment to come up for air, smiled at those of us in the waiting area and said, “Gooooooooood morning people!” as if duplicating the line: gooooooood morning Viet Namm.  Though this woman’s usually an enthusiastic person whose happiness bubbles out to those around her, today she seemed…different…more happy.

When my son was finished having his braces adjusted, I stepped to the counter to make a new appointment.  The same bubbly woman asked how I was.  I told her I was great, then asked about her.  She told me she was awesome.  That piqued my curiosity, so I asked, “What’s got you so happy today?”

The woman shared how her boyfriend came home for a twenty-day leave from the military last night.  Smiling, I agreed that was something to make it an awesome day.  I studied the woman for a moment or two, her unbridled joy radiating from every pore.  The thoughts: live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly and leave the rest to love came to mind.  I again smiled at the woman and told her I hoped she and her boyfriend had a lovely time together

No comments:

Post a Comment