Saturday, September 9, 2011


There are those, celebrities for example, who live under the constant pressure cooker of living out the most integral parts of their lives in the public eye. Though they may not intend that to be the case, they feel pressure that there’s always someone somewhere waiting to capture that most compromising photo of them or catch their most awkward moment.

I couldn’t live that way!  It’s hard enough trying to sort out the perceptions folks have of me as I live my predominately private life.  Though I’m an extremely social person, I do need my quiet downtime.  A place and time when I can take stock of things going on around me, how I’ve reacted to them, how I’ve handled myself and how all of that makes me feel.

When I take those pockets of time to process things, I do so with the intent to grow and evolve as a result of lessons I’ve learned.  For me, I know no other way to sort through all life presents to me in a comprehensive manner that will ultimately make sense in the end.  Sometimes I share those experiences here in my blogs.  Other times, I withhold them, opting to remain private.

I count my blessings that I can maintain a private existence, knowing that there are those who cannot.  Who are forced to live out the most personal and private aspects of their lives under constant scrutiny.  So, when I take my “time outs” to reassess all that’s affecting me or those whom I’ve affected, I do so cherishing that privilege in my own way…my own time…and without the added pressure of feeling like my every action is being dissected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment