Tuesday, September 13, 2011


There’s nothing quite as amazing as being cherished by one’s grandchild.  Today I got to feel that.  Not that I haven’t known how much Kai loves me, just that today, she was able to show me in a whole new way. 

When she first saw me this morning, Kai lit up, overflowing with enthusiasm.  Rushing to her pile of toys, she selected a special toy to bring to me.  For the next little while, we played together, much of the time, Kai straddling my legs while sitting in my lap.  When I finally had to put her down to run some errands, the sad look on her face tore at my heart.  And then, when I closed the door to the garage, I could hear her burst into tears on the other side, sad that I’d left.

Later in day, we had a similar repeat with Kai again expressing her joy at being able to play with me, sharing her most cherished toys.  And when it came time for me to again depart, Kai broke into tears.  This time, I had time to spare so returned to further play with Kai. 

The amazing gift Kai gave me today of showing how much she loves me not once but twice was more than I could have ever hoped for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment