Thursday, September 29, 2011


Reading a response I received to a blog got me to thinking about why I post the philosophies I do.  I don’t write them as a means of sounding like I know it all.  Allow me to assure everyone that I don’t…not even close!  I jot down my thoughts because I believe firmly enough in them to want to share them with others.  Get others to think.  Inspire a thirst to see things in a way others might not have considered if left on their own.

To be sure, the philosophies I post here aren’t easy to adapt into one’s life.  But let me assure you, each and every one I write about I have managed to incorporate into mine.  Not that I’m always successful in exacting them.  In fact, I fall short my mark many times.  But I don’t allow that to defeat me.  Instead, I strive to see where things fell apart and improve so the same doesn’t recur.

There are so many cliché phrases that come to mind.  No one said life was easy….  Life isn’t fair….  Etc….  These apply to the philosophies I write about.  True, they are hard to maintain.  Probably one of the hardest things I set out to accomplish.  So why do I bother?  Easy.  Because I know that my efforts, even if I don’t achieve my goals, will help me improve upon myself.  In turn, I can then share that knowledge here in subsequent blogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment