Thursday, September 22, 2011


I like blogging about fortunes I receive in cookies.  Sometimes the ones I get are silly.  Others are downright dumb.  Still others don’t make a lick of sense.  Those that make me stop and think are the ones I like to share here.  

I got one of those tonight.  One that not only made me stop and think but also made me smile, hopeful for the future.  It said, your fondest dream will come true within this year.
Hmmm…

When I first read my fortune, I smiled.  Then I looked off to the side, pondering what it meant.  What my fondest dream might be.  After that, I wondered if the fortune implied my fondest dream will come true by the end of this year or within the next twelve-month period. 
So many things to consider….

There are those who never bother to open their fortune cookies or if they do, toss aside the slip of paper contained within never glancing at it.  Me, I view that as a lost opportunity.  Not because I believe the fortunes themselves will alter the outcome of my future but because I like the thought of pondering what might lie ahead in a manner I might not have considered if left on my own. 

To me, that’s what the silly slips of paper contained within fortune cookies are—a chance to consider things in an unconventional way.

No comments:

Post a Comment