Thursday, September 22, 2011


Many times, I center my blogs on looking within one’s self to find the courage and strength one needs.  A good portion of the time, that’s all that’s required, to look within.  But there are other times when a person feels depleted, is seeking additional strength or just plain wants a break.  It’s at those times that many turn their focus on an outside source of strength.

Some hold tightly to their religious convictions.  Others, being more spiritually inclined, seek a source of enlightenment not found in the scriptures.  In addition, there are those who turn to nature for their source of enlightenment.  Still others seek the comfort of their accepting friends who they know will not abandon them in their time of need. 

Whatever the source of strength and enlightenment, one thing is for sure, sooner or later everyone needs to turn outside him or herself.  I don’t believe this is a bad thing.  It just…is.  I applaud those who recognize when they need additional help.  I’m even more impressed when those same individuals take matters into their own hands, actively gaining what they need.

It takes great strength to admit that we can’t go this life alone.  That even the most stoic will sometimes need to reach out.  I take comfort in knowing this and am grateful for the opportunities I have to benefit from my sources of strength and enlightenment, keenly aware that as soon as I reach out, my gesture will be met with a guiding hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment