Thursday, November 11, 2011


Not sure about the rest of you, but I’ve always found that weather affects me.  When it’s blue skies and fluffy white clouds, I’m full of energy and a happy camper.  Likewise, when grey, overcast and chilly weather sets in, I tend to want to curl up under my covers, drawing them to my chin, and sleep my day away.

I’ve always wondered if how weather affects me is due to my having been born and raised a sunny southern California girl.  Here, though we do get some bad weather, we’re spoiled with almost perpetual nice weather.

I have friends who live in different parts of the country and world, ones where bad weather affects their daily living a good five months out of the year.  I couldn’t imagine dealing with that.  But then, like I said, I am weather spoiled, living where I do.

When I ask my friends who live in colder regions how they deal with the inclement weather, I get mixed responses.  Some are thrilled with the weather they have, up to and including freeing snow, frozen windshields, snow days off from school, etc.  Others, like one of my girlfriends who lives in Canada, take every opportunity they can to break away for brief respites of sunnier climates.

I know that when the weather turns cold, some of you write in that you’d rather be here in California, soaking up our warmth.  So, I’m curious….  Where do some of you live and what coping skills have you adopted to live with more inclement weather conditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment