Sunday, December 18, 2011


Okay, here’s one for those who read my blogs about fortune cookie slips I’ve gotten and believe to be profound, yet think to themselves, wow, all I ever get are stupid sayings on those little slips of paper.  Eagerly cracking open my fortune cookie the other day, anxious to see what pearls of wisdom might be written on the slip of paper contained within, I had to read and re-read it several times.  When that still failed to make clear the meaning of the fortune, I handed it to my friend, who furrowed their brow, also unable to decipher the fortune’s meaning. 

So, what did my fortune say?  You think that is a secret, but it never has been one.  Now, unless I’m significantly missing something, I’d swear there were words missing from this fortune.  For example, when it said, you think that is the secret, what are they referring to as the secret?  Though I’ve tried and tried, all I come up with is that this fortune is incomplete or has such an obscure meaning that whatever it was trying to convey got lost on me.  As such, I have officially entered the ranks of those who think the messages contained within fortune cookies can sometimes be downright meaningless.

No comments:

Post a Comment