Tuesday, December 20, 2011


I can’t believe Christmas is almost upon us, or how fast this year is winding down.  Years ago, I recall sitting with my husband’s grandmother, talking to her about the passage of time.  How each year seemed to go faster.  She assured me that it did.   Pondering this theory, I then laughed and told her that I’d better not blink in my middle ages or I might miss a month or two.   She chuckled, understanding my drift.

There are times when I look back and wonder how the heck I managed to accomplish all that I did each day while my kids were so tiny and required so much of my time.  It would seem that now I should have more time.  But I don’t.  Not sure how that works, but there you have it.  Imagine others can relate.

I often remember that conversation I had with my husband’s grandmother.  Every time I do, I make a special effort to savor the time I’ve been given.  I still run around this way and that trying to accomplish too many things each day.  But by recalling that conversation of years ago, I take a deep breath and try to slow the world down a bit…if only for a moment or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment