Thursday, December 8, 2011


As this year begins to wind down and thoughts of another begin to creep in, I find myself wondering over what took place this year and the potential of the coming year.  What discoveries it will bring.  What challenges.  What opportunities.  What lessons.

In recent weeks, I’ve been talking about these subjects with others and am surprised when I hear how others, also reviewing their past year, tend to make excuses for when they’ve fallen short of their goals.  I’ve never been inclined to do so.  Instead, I look at the situation and figure out where things got off track and then take the necessary steps to put things right. 

Sometimes I’m successful.  Other times, no matter how hard I try, I just can’t seem to pull off my goal.  But I don’t get discouraged…least not for long, for I understand my humanness.  The fact that sometimes I’ll set unrealistic goals and that other times, objectives I think are best for me are anything but.

In short, it’s no so much about if we achieve our goals but more about the lessons we learn along the way.  And then, if we’re able to translate those lessons into practical applications that can help smooth the rest of our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment